First Time Buyers
Buying your first home is one of the biggest and most exciting financial and lifestyle decisions you will make. Though it may seem like a complex process, I will walk you through step-by-step to make it as simple and enjoyable as possible.
Some questions to think about as you prepare to buy:
- Are you financially prepared for homeownership?
- What is your price range?
- What type of home is right for your needs? Apartment, townhome, detached home?
- Where would you like to live? Which neighbourhood?
- What are the most important features you are looking for in your new home?
We will explore these questions in person when we meet, but it is important to start thinking about them early into the buying process. Once you’ve determined what you’re looking for, the hunt for the perfect home begins! You will have the opportunity to walk through a selection of homes that fit your criteria, and once you find one you love, we will put in an Offer to Purchase.
This offer is a carefully prepared legal document that we will discuss in depth, and will then get your lawyer or notary to prepare. Once the document is submitted, there are three possible responses:
- Your offer is accepted. The deal is concluded, and with a few more steps the home will be yours.
- The owner makes a counter-offer. You may accept this offer, or negotiate a lower price.
- The owner makes a counteroffer you aren’t prepared to accept. You continue your search for a different property.
Once you find the right home, and your offer is accepted, I will walk you through the final steps. First, setting a meeting with your lender to determine the right mortgage for you is imperative. Then, with a little more paperwork, a visit to the lawyer, and receiving the keys, you are officially a new homeowner!
I love working with first-time home buyers, and have helped many find the perfect home. Contact me today to discuss how I can be of service.